At H.H.S, we believe in the value and uniqueness of each child we serve. Our learning experience is designed to promote each child’s own individual social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development.
As educators, our mission is to provide a safe and developmentally appropriate learning environment, which fosters a child’s natural desire to explore, discover, create, and become a lifelong learner.
Our program is built around the concept that children are born ready to learn. As teachers and caregivers, we strive to create a learning environment that is safe, stimulating and encouraging.
Children develop knowledge of their world through active interactions with caregivers, peers, materials, and events.
- Learning is sequential, building on prior understandings and experiences.
- Learning proceeds at different rates in each area and each child; children will show a range of skills and understandings in any one area of development.
- Learning in each area is interconnected. Young children learn best through experiences, which incorporate several areas of development.
- Learning is embedded in a culture. Children learn best when their learning activities are rooted in a familiar cultural context.
- Learning begins in the family, continues in early care and education settings, and depends on parent involvement and caregiver guidance.
All children have the potential to achieve success through learning with appropriate support and instruction)